- Accurate BI results with 24-hour visual color readout
- Color-coded (blue cap) for quick reference and easy use
- Monitors gravity displacement steam sterilization processes at 270Â°F/132Â°C
- Compatible with 3Mâ„¢ Attestâ„¢ Biological Indicator Incubator 116
- Interested in a faster BI result? Learn more about 3Mâ„¢ Attestâ„¢ Super Rapid Steam Biological Indicator, 1491
The 3Mâ„¢ Attestâ„¢ Steam Biological Indicator, 1261/1261P, Blue Cap, monitors 270Â°F/132Â°C gravity displacement steam sterilization cycles and provides a final result in 24 hours.
The 3Mâ„¢ Attestâ„¢ Steam Biological Indicator, 1261/1261P, monitors the effectiveness of the steam sterilization process and provides an accurate result in 24 hours. It monitors 270Â°F/132Â°C gravity displacement steam sterilization cycles.
This self-contained BI consists of a Geobacillus stearothermophilus spore strip, a sealed glass ampoule with growth media and a bromocresol purple pH indicator dye system. The spore strip and media ampoule are contained in a plastic vial topped with a blue color-coded cap which includes a chemical process indicator on the label.
When processed, the chemical process indicator on the label changes from rose to brown/black. After the steam sterilization process, the BI is activated to join the growth media with the processed spore strip. Then, the BI is incubated for 24 hours for a visual color change readout. A color change from purple to yellow indicates surviving spores and a positive result.
- Monitoring 270(deg)F/132(deg)C gravity steam sterilization processes